The top six property hotspots in London are hipster hotspots
property hotspots in London
Dalston, Shoreditch, Stratford, Stockwell, Stoke Newington and Tooting have all seen prices increase by more than 50 per cent in five years. The average property value in both Stoke Newington and Tooting is now above £670,000.
"Given London's population and size and the city's ongoing gentrification process, it's not surprising to see the capital's edgy enclaves dominating the hipster hotspot rankings."
There are also London hotspots popping up along the route for Crossrail, otherwise known as the Elizabeth Line, which has seen average prices increase by 22 per cent over the past two years, says FTAdviser.
1. Dalston, London, 59.89% £633,593
2. Shoreditch, London, 58.06%, £526,244
3. Stratford, London, 57.15%, £491,222
4. Stockwell, London, 52.17%, £598,615
5. Stoke Newington, London, 51.62%, £671,943
6. Tooting, London, 51.61%, £670,895